Morphing UVs (3ds max)

Hey,

I’m hoping this is something simple we’re missing in max. We’re using morph targets to stretch a model, but when we do the texture applied on the top is also being stretched.

I see in this example. https://forum.babylonjs.com/t/solved-secondary-uvs-and-uv-morph-targets/3664?u=chris_rollinson

That generally the texture seems to tile as the width of the object increases. Is there something we’re missing in the babylon export from 3ds max? Or some way to morph the uvs so that it is included in the morph?

Sorry if this is obvious, I’m a dev just trying to understand the problem!

EDIT: It looks like in the thread I linked the user has exported from blender, we’re wondering if it works differently in blender maybe?

Thanks,
Chris

Adding @Guillaume_Pelletier

Hey guys,
As the morph is something dynamic, max store delta of the distortion per vertex, this is usually the render which MAY in charge to move from UV0, to UV1 using function such lerp… Morphing uv, while keeping the same texture may implie ressampling if the surface area increase or decrease, and make the texture streched, there is NO rules on the topic. if you really need some UV tweaks depending on the morph you simply could animate the UV’s in the UV Editor. The UV coordinates are indeed animatable via the standard ways in there

I see, thank you for your reply.

We’re morphing in 3 different directions so I’m not sure animating the UV’s will do what we need.

However I just re-read the thread I originally linked, and I saw that they were manually entering the morph target UV’s into the .babylon file. And that the Babylon team implemented a way to morph between UV’s. We’ve managed to replace this now, so thanks very much to the team.

From what I’ve seen you can’t make export morphs with this attribute from max or blender. So anybody reading this, you’ll need to add the uvs array from the babylon file to the relevant morph target.

Thanks again!

1 Like