MudGate - first playable is now here!

@webgrid, so pumped about your progress! Congrats on getting your Steam Store page set up! Please let us know once it’s available and we’ll help you spread the word!

Congrats again on your progress!

1 Like

AWESOME! … Congrats on your release and for all that hard work.
It is great to see so many features of a game being done with BJS

1 Like

Hey, pretty cool project. Reminds me a bit of Ultima Online :slight_smile:

Small improvement idea: Maybe you should go with a more blocky tree design like that: Trees I think that would be a little more coherent design.

2 Likes

Wow did you have to create a wrapper or what to get it on steam? That’s amazing!

Unfortunately ‘hammer.js’ won’t load for me to be able to try it out.

Interesting, what browser did you use ?

Is it possible for you to try again and post me the error message ? it would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now I tried and it loaded up nice and fast (on chrome).

I’ll play it tomorrow and report back!

1 Like

Thank for the feedback.

My web game now supports 1000x larger realms (1Mx1Mx1M) and customized block-style, Huzzah!

This is how I did it:

Volumetric block information is stored in a single integer, and my supported volumetric dimensions are between 1-999 in any direction as you can see in the video.

Next challenge is to make a good procedural generation using the volumetric block information to awesome terrain!

1 Like

Congrats :champagne: That sure looks like a huge step forward. Can’t wait to see how you will translate this for your procedural map generation. GJ :smiley:

I have already that for dungeons and partially for realms.

Here is a reddit post about procedurally generated dungeons:

As I now support volumetric block information it would be the next challenge for procedurally generated realms and dungeons :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The scenes are very under-exposured. It definitely needs much more light than it now has.
Looks promising.

I would rather disagree with this comment. May be your monitor is lacking contrast and brightness.
Though, going your way, I do believe that the adding of a setting to adjust the exposure, contrast and (in case it’s in the project) the hdr intensity would be a rather quick and welcome adding for UX. @webgrid I believe it wouldn’t be such a big effort, would it?

1 Like

Hi,

That’s a good idea! Thanks :slight_smile:

Just uploaded trailer for my game made with Babylon :slight_smile:

6 Likes

NIIIIIICEEE !!!

Adding a picture to bypass the unclear body :slight_smile:

It looks like if I click to strike with my axe and then click again (furiously, because I’m a furious clicker :wink:) it seems like the animation doesn’t make it to the end and restarts, so I get the feeling that I’m just striking in the air. Also in the deck, it says ‘Perception’ kb is ‘S’ but it can’t be ‘S’ because this is already for moving backwards, yes?

Hi,

Thanks for playing my game :slight_smile:

The game has auto-attack, and the animation was updated when you (furiously) clicked :laughing:
It’s an easy fix for me, so the animation is not updated if you are already attacking.

For Perception and “S” that is South, is the viewing direction you rotated the camera its for giving an orientation in the game.

1 Like

Played the tutorial and a bit and I LOVE it! I love the miniature style of everything, how organized the UI is, and the chill music :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Latest update adds height and wall variety for dungeons

To achieve variable wall thickness, I checked the proximity of the rooms and corridors and used a dimension key for the blocks to indicate if they are partial blocks that occupy a fraction of a standard block size or multicellular blocks that span over multiple cells. Additionally, I used a marching cube algorithm to render the blocks, and for each cell, I randomly set a texture to avoid repeating patterns.

3 Likes