Playing with BJS6 + Havok (Demo)

Hi Babyloniers!!

Playing on a casual sunday with BabylonJS 6 update and Havok .

If you try it on the computer use the “WASD” keys to move the vehicle.
On mobile devices use the left side of the screen to accelerate / reverse and the right side to turn the vehicle.

For more aggressive stress testing, all objects are unique (not clones or instances), PBR materials, and the DeviceAspectRatio in the Engine to True.

Love BJS6 :rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

https://viseni.com/havok/

23 Likes

awesome :wave:

1 Like

SO FUN! @PirateJC

For more aggressive stress testing, all objects are unique (not clones or instances)

You really went for the throat there! :rofl: but it’s great to see how well it’s performing here on my laptop!

And I love the tire marks, how you did you add them? Decal? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @carolhmj !!
Thanks for your comment
Right now I’m trying the tire marks using decals but I want to optimize the performance and also check the orientation of the marks

Gee Man, You’re so fast. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I haven’t add a chance yet to really test it.
You Guys should really consider us seniors :older_adult: not being able to keep with that pace. I need my 8h of rest and I have other business to attend to. Sooo frustrating :grin:

2 Likes

If needing 8hrs of sleep makes me a senior then consider me Methuselah :rofl:

2 Likes

sleep is overvalued! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well, I know when I don’t sleep I do shit… Correction: When I don’t sleep I do even more shit :sleeping: :joy:

1 Like

literally it’s an usual expression of a boss that I had years ago :upside_down_face:

Oh, it wasn’t me I promess… at least, I don’t think so :joy:

Nice!! @DRLeria . I had some fun playing it :slight_smile:

@carolhmj : I only get about 6.5 hours. Does that make me a young guy ?? :laughing:

cheers, gryff :slight_smile:

Hi @gryff!!! Thanks for your comment

And welcome to the “ BJS Sleeping Contest” :joy:

2 Likes

Seriously impressive how smooth and silky this is on my iPhone 14. Great work!!

Question, are the tetrahedron shapes simulating collisions on each side or is it just using a cylinder collider?

Hi @jamessimo! Thanks for your comment
The tetrahedron is using a sphere collision.

Ha, I like the little skidmarks :smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Joe_Kerr!
I was considering what was the best way to do it and finally I opted for decals and added an interval function that eliminates the marks every 2sec

The next step is to create a scene in 3DsMax and try more complex collisions.

For now I just have to say that HAVOK is awesome and the performance is impeccable.

3 Likes

Would you mind uploading this to a GitHub repo (preferably using vite) or a Playground? I’d love to include this in my awesome-babylonjs list.

3 Likes

Nice idea!
Let me clean a bit the code and i upload it

Love it!
Had fun trying to knock one out of the box… mission accomplished…

1 Like

@DRLeria … What kind of vehicle physics are you using for the car ? Some kind of Havok Vehicle Physics ?