Render a BabylonJS scene in Blender (renderfarm)

Is there a tool for Babylonjs similar to threejs renderfarm — which enables us to render a babylon scene in Blender or 3ds max for photorealistic rendering? OR would it be possible to export a babylon scene to a .blend file?

Welcome to the community @Microtribute

Not that I’m aware of but Babylon.js has support for exporting to OBJ and GLTF, and as Blender is free and supports command line rendering, it would be feasible, in my opinion.

I don’t know about a renderfarm, but I am considering GitHub - puppeteer/puppeteer: Headless Chrome Node.js API to generate thumbnails of a list of 3D models. Not sure if this can help with ideas :slight_smile:

Something like:

• load list of models
  • for each model,
  • zoom
  • take a screenshot of the canvas
  • save the screenshot as a file

Definitely. I am wondering if there is already a ready-to-use solution.

Not that I’m aware of but you might be interested in this somewhat related (and very cool) thread about path tracing.

Oh and …

TLDR; @erichlof’s latest demo link Babylon PathTracing Renderer - HDRI Environment

2 Likes

I am building an app similar to Car Customizer. With the app, you can order a cooler that is branded with your own brand and color. What’s more to the app is that you’re able to download the realistic renderings from different angles. You know realistic rendering is better accomplished when using a dedicated program like Blender. So what I am trying to do is export the customized scene to a format that can be manipulated in Blender and let Blender render the scene. For three.js there is already renderfarm.js (Renderfarm.js - server side photorealistic rendering of threejs scenes - Showcase - three.js forum)

The website link and Github repo for that project seem to have disappeared.

Yeah, the author was originally using 3d max as the rendering engine. Due to cost issues, he is moving to open source solutions like Blender. He hid the repository at the moment. But you can ask him for access to the dev repository.

Probably the simplest option is to leverage or build upon that existing work by adding Babylon.js support in addition to the original Three.js support. I’d imagine a lot of the backend server-side rendering code would or could be webGL library agnostic, but hard to say without seeing the code or knowing the author’s intentions or direction.

Thank you for the suggestion!