Simple Playground Search-Returns Proposal

Hi gang!

I request/propose… that the Previous Page and Next Page buttons ALSO be placed at the bottom of the page… on playground-search returns. test link

A long time ago, they WERE at top and bottom of “returns” pages. Someone removed the bottom buttons.

Can we have them back? Opinions? I wonder if I have access to that section, and docs system PR powers.

But first, let’s check if anyone is opposed, or if there are wise reasons why the bottom buttons were removed.

Thanks! Happy Holidaze! :christmas_tree:

Why not (re)adding them, yes. It’s probably not too difficult.

Your request made me thinking about a nice filter feature: be able to show first playgrounds with custom title, because user add titles on playground when they think it can be useful I guess. Could be nice

1 Like

There are designs going on for this stay tuned :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sort-by? :slight_smile: Newest playgrounds first, if wanted?

I "recycle" playgrounds. If I need to create a playground to share, I do a playground-search for THAT TOPIC first, then find a lonely 1-version (neglected) playground (from the list of returns), and try to "flesh" (continue) that PG series.

Good re-use/recycling thing. :slight_smile: Aren’t I wonderful? (yikes!)

Actually, doing this… “undermines” (hurts) the playground metadata system… because playgrounds don’t have individual metadata. The entire “series” of playgrounds… uses the same metadata. My “recycled playground” usually doesn’t apply to any metadata added in the past/originally. I have “misappropriated” the series.

// This creates a basic Babylon Scene object (non-mesh)
// This creates and positions a free camera (non-mesh)
// This targets the camera to scene origin
// This attaches the camera to the canvas
// This creates a light, aiming 0,1,0 - to the sky (non-mesh)
// Default intensity is 1. Let's dim the light a small amount
// Our built-in 'sphere' shape. Params: name, subdivs, size, scene
// Move the sphere upward 1/2 its height
// Our built-in 'ground' shape. Params: name, width, depth, subdivs, scene

Did you know that it was ME who added those comments inside the default playground scene, oh so many years ago? HOW MUCH database space did I KILL… by adding those? OMG. Someone beat me to death, eh? They should probably be removed immediately… to save us from future damage/bloat. I’m not too bright sometimes.

1 Like

Let’s say 1 char = 1 byte, your message = 510 bytes, if we suppose 1000 playground use these, then it use only 510 kilobytes :crazy_face:

1 Like

Probably more like 5000-8000 PG’s have it. Ouch. But, thx @Vinc3r, you made me feel a little better. heh

Still, I think it might be time for a fresh default playground… created by another. I’m easy.

I try to add tittles as often as possible so i can find them later :smiley:

The doc page to update if someone is interested:
Documentation/search_playground.js at master · BabylonJS/Documentation · GitHub (this is the line adding the NextPage thingy)

2 Likes

@Deltakosh I’m too scared to do that mod. That looks complicated. I’ll break something if I try it.

Can ya brief us? Status report? Should I cook-up some sloppy joes? Will these “designs” affect my desired bottom-of-playground-search prev/next buttons… mod/tweak? (thx)

Adding @PatrickRyan who is currently working on some designs.

2 Likes

We have a lot of redesigns of community-facing things in the works for the 4.0 releases. I don’t want to spoil too much about a major release, but there’s a lot of work going on behind the scenes. I’ve taken your notes about the additional buttons, and will work them into the revisions. Thanks, guys!

3 Likes