Suggestion of book or tutorial or open source project to make a 3d RTS real time strategy game using babylon.js

I want to make an opensource 3d RTS real time strategy game using babylon.js like red alert 3 or tiberium wars or star craft 2. Can any one suggest me any book or tutorial or opensource project relevant to RTS game development using babylon.js?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! I’d say the best place to get inspiration from other projects is the Demos and projects section on the forum. You can find a lot of amazing games there! :slight_smile:

Searching specifically for RTS on the forum also yields some nice results, such as RTS-Camera (WASD move, EQ rotate, mousewheel zoom, edge scroll) - Tutorials and tips - Babylon.js (babylonjs.com) and RTS: Fog of War - Questions - Babylon.js (babylonjs.com)

I hope these resources help you get started and wish you luck in your development journey!

3 Likes

Thanks for your quick reply, I have seen your references. That was very helpful. But I was looking for more like a full tutorial series for RTS game development. I have bought 2 tutorial for game development with babylon.js from udemy. But that is not helping me very much for RTS game development. So I was looking for specially RTS game development focused tutorial series or book or blog series. I will be grateful if you can help me with that.

I haven’t seen one specifically for Babylon, but there are some for Unity Making a RTS game in Unity (C#). Table of contents | by Mina Pêcheux | C# Programming | Medium and you could adapt the ideas from there

1 Like