Trying to apply vertex shader from NME to a mesh in the PG

Hi all, basic noob NME question here. I’ve got a vertex shader that’s working in the NME preview window ( Babylon.js Node Material Editor (babylonjs.com)), but I’m not sure how to apply this to a mesh in the playground such that I can see the vertex shader on a plane in the same way that I see it in the NME preview.

I’ve tried simply applying the material to the plane in this playground via the snippet server: Plane Examples | Babylon.js Playground (babylonjs.com)

At that point, though, the plane disappears. Is this something I’m doing wrong with my shader, or something wrong with how I’m applying it in the PG? Any help appreciated!

This is because you are using x instead of y for your vertex animation:

The plane in the PG is created on the yz plane

1 Like

Gotcha, thanks @Deltakosh . I got it to appear as I expect in the PG, but as you can imagine, it doesn’t appear in the NME preview window. What do you think is the best way to set things up so that what one sees in the NME is also what one would see in the PG, in this case with the plane?

here is how NME is building the plane: Babylon.js/previewManager.ts at master · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com)

(It’s using a ground eg. a plane in the xz plane)

1 Like