Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '_MSAAFramebuffer' of undefined

Hey there

I was just playing around in the sandbox again. I added SSAO 2 pipline and then after that I added the default pipeline.

I was testing out all the various properties of this object via the inspector , I tested many so Im not sure of the order of things but at one point my viewport froze , no more mouse interaction in the 3D scene. When I opened the console I saw this error :

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘_MSAAFramebuffer’ of undefined
at t.e.bindFramebuffer (babylon.js:16)
at t.e.activate (babylon.js:16)
at e._finalizeFrame (babylon.js:16)
at t._renderForCamera (babylon.js:16)
at t._processSubCameras (babylon.js:16)
at t.render (babylon.js:16)
at e.renderFunction (babylon.js:16)
at babylon.js:16
at t._renderFrame (babylon.js:16)
at t._renderLoop (babylon.js:16)

hope this helps

Adding @CraigFeldspar and @julien-moreau

Ouch! Can’t reproduce at the moment
Have you a repro on the playground for us ?

Hi Julien-M

It is the same model I sent you last in the PM ( the bathroom scene ) this is happening in the sandbox. So nothing im coding. Im simply using the features presented to me.

As described. I can remember all the steps I took to get to this. I just know I added SSAO v2 played with it a bit , then I added the Generic Pipeline on top of that. So it had both now. I then proceeded to play with all sorts of properties in that pipeline , like FXAA , sharpen , tone mapping , vig , a whole bunch. I truly cant say the order of effects of the values , I was just toying around. Then I noticed the 3d view port had hung and opened the console and saw the error. I know that is not very helpful. I thought the stack trace might give you some clues.

I will make a video and see if I can reproduce it to help you all.

Thanks

I made a video replicating the error, but it took 5 minutes of video so I thought I would just experiment till i got it shorter , I managed to reduced the video to a quick route to reproduce the error.

Steps :

Load .glb
add ssao2 pipeline
add general pipeline
enable a few effects like I did in the video :

FXAA
GLOW LAYER
GRAIN
TONE MAPPING
SHARPEN

I didnt touch any values to keep it simple to debug. The 3D viewport still works at this point.

Now try set false “enable” of “IMAGE PROCESSING” now the 3D view port hangs and the error displays in the console. I encircled the log time of the error and on my pc to show it just happened. ALso click and moved the mouse around showing it is frozen.

Chrome browser Version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Win 10 64 bit up to date
ASUS RTX 2060 (latest driver 445.75 )

sandbox url :

https://sandbox.babylonjs.com/

video showing error reproduction :

same model as sent in pm Julien-M

thanks

1 Like

@Deltakosh looks more like a problem with the default rendering pipeline (or rendering pipeline manager) as the bug appears when he disabled an effect in the default pipeline

Can you repro in the PG?

Im not sure if this reproduces what I did in the sandbox in the video , i think so and no bug. Although im not sure how playground works , what if the bug happens when calling this after the scene is returned in the rendering loop etc… as this is when code executes in the sand box right? Also I know nothing about the whole post processing management just yet.

https://playground.babylonjs.com/#J6LMI3#1

@julien-moreau: can you check this PG pretty please?