webGPU didn't work in google canary 98.0.4751.0

5.0.0-alpha.64 has been released

2 Likes

Ocean work again!!!
But gpu copy seems work unstable

@Evgeni_Popov any idea what could cause the spikes ?

I don’t really know what this “Copy” chart is…

In the demo, there’s a copy back of a texture from GPU to CPU to get the level of the water and position the buoy accordingly: it’s the WavesGenerator._getDisplacementMap method which is doing that. If you don’t need it, you can comment the call to _getDisplacementMap in WavesGenerator.update. Maybe it will help with this chart?

2 Likes

ummm, big change yesterday :sob:

Yes but those are only warnings, it does not prevent the demo to work. I’m not sure Tint is updated yet to not generate the [[block]] attributes, we are going to have a look.

I don’t know why that canvas can’t display when using WebGPU after this morning (yesterday is good).
This is work in Engine

This is work in WebGPUEngine

https://playground.babylonjs.com/?webgpu#YX6IB8#35
This PG didn’t work too (yesterday work well)
In Canary

In Chrome

https://playground.babylonjs.com/?webgpu#YX6IB8#35 does work for me in Canary.

The black textures are expected in Chrome, it’s because it lacks some of the latest changes that landed only in Canary.

As your screenshot with Canary is the same than with Chrome I suspect you made a mistake and it is really a screenshot coming from Chrome(?)

refresh 1:

refresh 2:

refresh 3:

refresh 4:

refresh 5:

This is my flags:

I don’t experience this problem, I refreshed 5 times in a row and it worked 5 times…

Keep in mind that WebGPU support is still a work in progress, it will normally be shipped in Chrome only in Q2 next year so problems are still to be expected.

2 Likes

Hi Popov, I found why my webEngine throw 500+ warning and canvas display white,
this is question I asked last week:

I create a bug topic about it:

Also Merry Christmas!!!
Enjoying your holidays and remenbering protecting yourself from Omicron :gift:

Hi @Moriy ! Just checking in, is the issue still happening? :smiley:

Oh my miss, I forget to set solution

2 Likes