Just generally feel confused among these 3 concepts.
Before I thought flip faces = flip normals. But in mesh API doc, under
Mesh.flipFaces() , it takes
flipNormals as an argument…So it makes feel “flip faces” and “flip normals” are 2 difference things…can anyone help understanding this?
Also, I ran into some other concepts on materials.
Material.sideOrientation = BABYLON.Material.ClockWiseSideOrientation; is one of them. I know
sideOrientation means deciding which side of the face is front and which is back. But what does “ClockWiseSideOrientation” and “CounterClockWiseSideOrientation” mean the other hand? I feel this property is somehow related to flip faces and normals but not really sure…can someone help too?
Also here are some other concepts confuses me too:
- DOUBLESIDE / FRONTSIDE / BACKSIDE ← I know their definitions but just trying to understand their relation to other above concepts…
These are related topics I have found:
- DOUBLESIDE vs. backFaceCulling
- Mesh Clone then Flip Normals
- separateCullingPass knocks out twoSidedLighting
- Inverting normals numerically