In ISoundTrackOptions | Babylon.js Documentation it simply states: “Define if the sound track is the main sound track of the scene”. This isn’t very helpful, because it doesn’t answer any of the questions that immediately come to mind:
- What is the “main” sound track of a scene?
- How is it different from other sound tracks?
- When should I be using this flag?
Looking at the source, it seems to do only one thing, but the purpose is unclear:
- Here it gets added to a list of sound tracks for the given scene, but only if it’s not the main track
- Here a new sound track is created whenever the current scene doesn’t have one
What am I supposed to do with it? In my application I have a sound track for background music, one for sound effects, and one for ambient sounds. None of these seem like they should be the “main” sound track. Do I even need to care about setting one in this case?