Who makes the YouTube announcement/release/trailers for Babylon.js?

Hi. I was wondering who is in charge of making the announcement/release/trailers for Babylon.js?

The reason I am asking is because I would like to humbly suggest some [epic] music for future Babylon.js YouTube channel videos. If that would be appropriate. Not trying to criticize anyone’s chose of music by the way, I genuinely love all of the chosen musics for the videos so far : - )

Also, one another question that I was curious about, was the last used music, “Cold Blooded” for the Babylon.js 5 trailer, I think it was copyrighted, as the music was not free to my knowledge? Or perhaps it was not. Do you all only use copyright/royalty free music?

@PirateJC

Would it be better to share music suggestions with him in private or post my music suggestions here? I do not wish to spam. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey @RPaladin! You’re more than welcome to share music suggestions with me privately, or publicly. :slight_smile:

I’m sincerely glad you like the choices we’ve made in music so far for our release videos. My hope is that our release video for Babylon.js 5.0 will not disappoint. :slight_smile:

As for your question about the song “Cold Blooded” and the licensing regarding the music that we choose.

100% of the music that we use, is used either with access to the license, or with expressed permission from the artist and their music label.

Lately, I have been trying to use our videos as a platform to help advertise the incredible work of real working artists in the world. The song “Cold Blooded” is from an INCREDIBLE artist named Zayde Wolf. I cannot say enough positive things about Zayde’s music, or his kindness in allowing us to use the song in our teaser trailer for Babylon.js 5.0.

You’ll see more of this type of professional licensed music in the future from us as we are now working directly with artists.

We will NEVER use a song without permission directly from the artist or the artist’s management company.

Hope that helps clear things up, excited to hear your suggestions!

2 Likes

Of course! I never doubted that for a second. What I was unsure was, is whether you (Babylon.js) use only “free” & copyright/royalty free music, or “premium/paid” music is usable if you have explicit permission from the authors’. I wanted to clear that question up because some music; if I remember accurately, that I know of/want to suggest are premium, license-wise.

1 Like

We’re down to use any music as long as we have permission to do so, even premium music.

1 Like

My music recommendations

Fyi, feel free to decline any or all of the suggestions, no hurt feelings I promise. ; )

Song: Follow The Sun
Author: Lux Inspira
License: Free & royalty-free
Link: Follow The Sun - Lux Inspira - YouTube
Where I came cross this music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljKQeHHJ9fM
Note: YouTube also occasionally advertises this video.

Song: Elektronomia - Sky High
Author: NoCopyrightSounds
Link: Elektronomia - Sky High [NCS Release] - YouTube
Where I came cross this music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z95ESgjxUEg
The channel owner had the video pinned back when it was new.

Song: Janji - Heroes Tonight
Author: NoCopyrightSounds
Link: Janji - Heroes Tonight (feat. Johnning) [NCS Release] - YouTube
Where I came cross this music: From the YouTube channel shared above.
Note: Maybe not “demonstration” worthy, but it has some good parts that could be used for a release video, totally up to you and the team of course!

Song: Tell Me Why
Author: Sound Of Legend
License: The music is “free,” but I am not sure whether it s also copyright free.
Link: Sound Of Legend - Tell Me Why (Official Video) - YouTube
Where I came cross this music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VulxSEUmb04
A friend had it in their gaming montage.
Note: Maybe the music is too bland for some.

I think/may have some more suggestions, if I remember them I will post them here, if that is ok.

1 Like

Woot! Awesome! Thanks!

I’ll dig into these ideas for our next video!

1 Like

A nice playlist, 'enjoyed listening. :smiley: :guitar:
FYI:
Song #2 has been recently used in switzerland for a commercial from the food industry. I think it’s still on. (I think it’s @coop.ch or @migros.ch)

Song #4 is a remix from a song of the 80s (bronski beat?). I’m not too sure about the rights on this one.

Song #1 is a bit too ‘linear’ for me. Not epic enough.

I (personally) like #3.

1 Like