4 Player Chess concept + tutorial ๐Ÿ‘‡

Good day everyone.

Iโ€™d like to share a multiplayer chess game Iโ€™ve been working on for the last 3 weeks. It requires 2+ players, or you can play by yourself by opening 2 browsers :smirk: Check out the tutorial on dev.to, or play the game below, would be awesome to hear your feedback! cheers :beer:

Play Chess Royale
Play Chess Royale

9 Likes

I directly thought about the 3d chess game in TBBT :slight_smile:

The tutorial is awesome !!! cc @PirateJC we need to reference it somewhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers sebavan! Itโ€™s not my original idea to be honest, I saw a version of this a while ago and thought it would look great in 3d :yum:

1 Like

Cool! I wonder when weโ€™re going to have MOBA chess :rofl:

@ReubenH - This is awesome! If youโ€™d ever be interested in writing up a tutorial about this on the official Babylon.js docs page, weโ€™d love to have your contribution! Let me know what you think!

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey PirateJC, Iโ€™m a big fan :blush:Iโ€™d be honored to get involved in something like that.

Iโ€™m interested in demystify multiplayer games and ways to make it more accessible to creators that tend to stick to the front end. I wrote an opinionated node library that basically wraps websockets, and put together this game as a POCโ€ฆ

Would love to write this tutorial up and I have a few more in the pipeline if thereโ€™s any interest :yum:

Cheers!

4 Likes

AWESOME! So pumped for this!

And thanks for the kind words! Iโ€™m already a fan of yours as well!