About Vray export for BabylonJs

Hi there… Again i’m here with my new crazy problem…

We are drawing in 3Ds Max 2018 Vray materials and we are wanting export for babylon js.
When i put all files into the sandbox with babylon format, i saw “it’s not supported” message and when i exported gltf format, it’s runing but without textures it’s did like white box.

I want to run my perfect drawings with vray in babylon js.
For example i saw very realistic samples in babylonjs.com. How to created those samples? Just code? Which render standart? Arnold? Vray? Physical?(yes i belive babylon js powerfull framework and also yes thay can creating with code… But i have to use 3d max because my drawings very big and complicated)

How to solve this problem i don’t know and i have very confused.

Sorry for my bad english and I am open to all suggestions.

Hi @Buzul.
Yes, Vray material is not supported, so when you export from 3ds Max if you export as babylon file then the exporter try to convert your materials to standard materials (if you are using Vray materials). If you export as gltf/glb i think it convert it to pbr material.

And yes, as a workaround you have to use Physical materials on 3ds max.
Here are few precious infos about how to deal with materials on 3ds Max to not lose their properties on export
If you have any issues, we are here :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for your answer MarianG.
We solved something with your guide thanks for it.
But i need litle more help if you share your rich ideas with us i will be happy…

We are preparing dds on max 2018 and we want to export those dds images for using in babylon js; however while exporting dds picture from max 2018 bringing alot of selections to us.
But no one working in babylon js. It’s giving “array buffer” error. I need help about dds selections.

I need suggestions for it. Thanks…

Take a look on this page: Multi-Platform Compressed Textures - Babylon.js Documentation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you using dds for environment or for materials?
If you are using them for materials, then as @Vinc3r sugested, I think compressed textures are the best way in this case.
The ideea of these textures is to use normal textures on material (like jpg, png) export it, and at the end convert them to all formats supported by different OS, and put all of them in the same folder, the engine will take automaticaly the texture it need.
The environment texture you cann’t export it from 3dsMax, you have to set it in babylonjs scene.

I think I’ve been wrong. I want to ask this…
While exporting dds from 3D’s max 2018 which settings i have to use? I have those settings as you can see picture below.