@Clms, we looked into your file and found an issue with the exporter. I have created a new issue for the problem, but we are in the process of hiring a new engineer to handle the exporters so this issue won’t be able to be resolved in our usual short turn around. Because of that, I have a couple of work arounds for you.
The issue is that when you are doing node animation and key the node’s transform (translation, rotation, and scale) to values that don’t change in an animation group (clip) the exporter writes out a dummy animation file to optimize for size and then reports the node’s transform as identity (the transform of the node when all TRS values are zero), which is where the error comes in. We want the exporter to report the transform as the keyed values in the group, rather than identity.
There are two things you can do to avoid this:
The first is to use a rig and rigid bind your meshes to each appropriate joint. Skeletal animation does not suffer from this issue, which is most likely why it wasn’t detected before now. Not a lot of complex motion being done with node animation.
The second is to add one keyframe of a slightly different value to one of the TRS values for each node that does not change its transform within an animation group. This can be a very small change like having nine frames of the animation group with a z translation of 0.0 and the tenth frame’s z translation at 0.001. This isn’t the best work around, as you have to manage a lot of nodes to make changes for each animation group that is still.
I did make this correction in the maya file for you so you can see what I mean, but it looks like this:
I changed one frame’s translation to -0.01 just for the exporter to register some sort of change. But you have to do that for every node in a clip that doesn’t move.
And you can see that in the sandbox, the extended clip now plays correctly:
I would strongly suggest looking into rigging your meshes to a skeleton, however, because you are getting into a place where you are having some more complex motion which could really hamper you with this issue in place. We will get it corrected as soon as we can, but need to hire an engineer into that position first.
For now, however, here is the Maya file and the glb that is working. Please let me know if you have more questions or run into anything else.
Primitive_Crane_testWorkaround.zip (24.0 KB)