Can you export material changes from the Sandbox?

Just wondering if it’s possible to make changes to materials in the Sandbox (or another online editor) and export the glb with the changes intact?

If I make changes, then export, the GLB is identical to the original.

Basically, I’m looking for a way to add Clear Coat, Clear Coat IOR and Refraction to a glass material within the GLB, without using code.

Cheers,
Dean

Hey there. Think of the sandbox like a view tool. You can inspect and view your model.

Basically, I’m looking for a way to add Clear Coat, Clear Coat IOR and Refraction to a glass material within the GLB, without using code.

Now for this I think you’ll what to check out the node material editor. Node Material | Babylon.js Documentation Here you can create custom shades using drag and drop blocks. Then you can export, or save to the snippet server. This will then allow you to reuse it as the material for your model.

Just for light reading, if you ever need reminders about which tool does what. :smiley:

1 Like

I think those are missing from our gltf serializer as all the changes would be replicated in the export. @bghgary can confirm ?

Right. We don’t have support for those properties with GLB yet. Maybe someone can help contribute an implementation?

1 Like