I try to use ClearCoat to enhance material effects and found some weird behavior I can’t understand.
When setting ClearCoat on a metallic PBRMaterial the color shifts. If you increase the ClearCoat IOR it gets even worse. There is no tint applied.
Is this intended behavior or a bug in the color computation?
Steps to reproduce:
- Have an environment texture for PBR IBL
- Make a metallic PBR material
- Set the albedo color to something like a darker blue
- Set clearCoat.isEnabled = true
- Increase clearCoat.indexOfRefraction for maximum effect
Demo Playground: Babylon.js Playground
Do I get something wrong here? Thanks in advance