Custom fragment shader for TextBlock

Hi,

I am wondering if and how it is possible to apply a custom fragment shader to a TextBlock.
As far I understood image processing is applied to a camera, so maybe I could use some tricks and apply the process to a camera that is only seeing the TextBlock, but I don’t know how to do it and I am not sure that is more performance oriented way to do that.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you.

It totally depends what you are trying to achieve :slight_smile: Basically here the only process you can do will be post processes as you mentionned impacting all the pixels in the ADT.

Is it what you are looking for ?

Thank you for your reply.

I am trying to create some dynamic effect on a specific text synced with the music, other text in the screen should not be affected.

You can have multiple advance textures if they are attached to meshes. Aka put a adt on a plane and stick it right in front of the camera. :wink:

1 Like

Here is a custom shader example if it helps:

https://playground.babylonjs.com/#RNRJDC

2 Likes

I am not able to create a basic scene with two planes where I can write some text using TextBlocks.

It would be very helpful if you could show me a basic scene where I have a text on the top and another text on the bottom.

Thank you.