I was testing babylon 4.1 new features and I really like the job done on the SpriteMap (@Pryme8 )
It’s a really nice evolution and improvement of the SpriteManager. It’s simple and the performance it can deliver are really cool and I managed to get few interesting 2D prototype running with it.
But the are few things I would like to do to continue and get better 2D graphics, and I dont really know how to do that in an efficient way without re-implementing everything manually:
- Apparently the alpha mode is working but not the alpha parameter above, quite confusing as I was trying to do some fade-in/fade-out
- I was looking to have 2D sprite normal map and have a basic 2d lights over my maps (Sprite dlight, sprite illuminator, unity 2d light, …)
- I was looking to have some effect on some layers or spriteMap (example: water deformation on water sprites, heat deformation in hot area or more advanced, a slight ground reflection in humid area)
(most of the other effect I think about are doable with particles and sprites only)
- Is there a way to easily reuse existing feature like the spritemap and just overwrite the fragment shader used (or even better change it directly in the node material editor), like adding a 2nd pass ?
- Or if it’s not possible directly, is there a way to export the texture or a spritemap and apply it on a mesh with a dedicated shader ?