I came to a problem, where my GLB exported model becomes completely transparent as I change material of that object even though I am certain the object is still in the scene (checked it with click listeners etc.).
I am sharing with you an exported GLB model, where there are two nodes in it
- Model of human bones (literally bones)
- Some generic model of chair downloaded from internet
When I apply whatever texture (ex. wood.jpg from dropbox folder) to the first model node, it “disappears” but when it’s applied to the second model node - it works just fine.
Steps to reproduce my problem:
- Upload failing_textures.glb to SANDBOX from my dropbox folder mentioned at the bottom of this question
- Go to inspector
- Create standard material with emissive texture of wood.jpg (also in dropbox folder)
3.1 Also fails with PRB material with albedo + metallic roughnes of wood.jpg
- Change active material of both first and second node with newly created material to see the first one disappear
Just to mention - applying that material in blender works as expected, also when I export that GLB file with textures and display it with babylon it works also as expected.
The only problem is when I try to apply texture on client side programmatically - which is what I need to achieve but am failing with that particular “human arms bones” model.
Playground is probably not necessary as I am doing that material change programatically and it can be reproduced at sandbox.
I don’t even know where to target my further research - if it could be babylon bug, corrupted glb file, corrupted glb file after it’s exported via blender,…
Any directions would be appreciated as I am stuck on this for quite long time.
Thanks in advance.
(Using 4.2 Babylon)