Meshes randomly have sunshine on 5.28 and need to press a key to render some meshes and inspector

Sage and seasoned scholars

I’m not sure I want to call this a bug, but I see behaviour in 5.28 that I haven’t seen before, and I’m pretty sure it’s not my code, although a potato has been wrong before.

The first seems to be the need to press a key before certain “things” happen, meshes don’t get rendered, and the inspector doesn’t show until a key has been pressed, but you can interact with the mouse, which won’t cause the inspector to show.

The second seems to be random mesh sunshine:

Again I can’t say for sure what’s causing this, but I only have a default light in the scene, and randomly, this will happen to GLBsI’m loading and not for others.

Neither behaviour I saw before 5.28, but I’m a bit bound to 5.28 because it has the file extension loader fix I needed in AssetManager, so it’s not going to be an easy job to roll back and say for sure.

Tarnished Potato

Hope you are well? This is weird. The part with the inspector not showing is even more ‘weird’. For the second, all I can think of apart from a bug is your ‘pressing key’ wouldn’t happen to pass changes for the rendering through a given camera, would it? Anything around setting the renderTarget of the PP for the camera or anything with the rendering of materials around the post-process, lights or environment?

I am well @mawa , building more and more :slight_smile: hard to go back to infra when you’ve been in the Babylon engine for so long.

Super weird I agree and I’d wholesale say user error, except I didn’t see either of these behaviours before yesterday and the version update. I only have onkeypress listeners for two things, a camera swing which tbh can probably come out now, and the player input, which, only updates a class, nothing else, no magic or dragons to be found there.

No lights in the scene at all according to the inspector, not post-processing, I haven’t seen either issue until updating yesterday, the keypress thing, is really weird, almost like some sort of dirty magic kicks in and things start rendering.

Ironically I thought I’d check if they were there in the inspector but because the inspector falls foul of the same behaviour, I can’t see it until a key is pressed, and that will cause the other meshes to render.

Hmm. That definitely looks like a bug to me. Just sad it happens on a weekend. Hopefully, someone from the team will kick-in before monday. Have a great week-end anyways :sunglasses:

Not a biggie, and not life-threatening either. Have an awesome weekend!

1 Like

Hello, definitely sounds like a bug but I can not repro either in the playground or the sandbox :frowning: Would you be able to create a repro somewhere ?

Let me work on that.

The inspector bug, stand down on that; that was 100% a mistake on my part, this texture thing I’m going to be able to track it down now and see what’s causing it, will report back.

1 Like