Missing For Asset Container Bool In GLTFLoader

YO @bghgary or @Deltakosh … There used to be a _forAssetContainer boolean flag i was using in my GLTF parser to check if this load was an AssetContainer or a regular scene load… That seem to have been removed in Alpha 25 builds… What is the property to check if loading a asset container ???

Should this work to check if is loading for an Asset Container

IsAssetContainer = (this._gltfLoader._assetContainer != null);

That should work, but you really shouldn’t be depending on private properties. Why do you need to know if it’s an asset container or not?

I handle some parsing of script component metadata differently if its an asset container

So @bghgary DO you think fou can add some kind of public isAssetContainer property on the loader that could check if (_assetContainer != null) or something ?

Can you explain this more?

We can, but I want to make sure this is actually necessary.

Well basically if loading an asset container, I do not create instances of the script components attached to the node.on load.

When you instantiate a prefab at runtime from the loaded asset container, I actually create the instances of the scripts attached to the nodes then

Hmm, okay. I think it’s a bit weird to expose this, but it’s not the end of the world. Would you be okay making this change?

If you dont want to thats kool. I basically am just using the private _assetContainer property like so

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 10.56.41 PM

Then in my GLTF Parsing code…
I DO NOT WANT TO PARSE SCRIPTS YET
So i use the asset container flag like so

So i need to be able to tell if i am parsing GLTF content from an asset container

I won’t block it if you want to submit a PR to add the flag to the loader. :slight_smile:

ok… thanks i will add a public getter property like

public get isAssetContainer():boolean { return this._assetContainer != null; };

or something like that

2 Likes