NME can't upload custom glTF for preview

Hello there,

I’m trying to create a custom material inside NME, but I need the object I created in order to see if it does what I want it to do.

I’m trying to import the glTF of my object, but it freezes forever after selecting it in the browser with “uploading, please wait…” message.

The custom preview works with GLBs though, so I don’t know why glTF doesn’t work.

If you want to try it, this is the NME material I’m trying to create, and attached you have the glTF I want to use for costum preview.

Correa.zip (1.3 MB)

It fails because the GLTF file doesn’t pack all of its resources, so it can’t find some of the references:

If you convert to GLB it works fine :smiley:

Hi there @carolhmj
I understand it doesn’t find the .bin file. My question is: It should, shouldn’t it?
I mean, the .bin file is in the same location as the glTF file, so if that browser let you select a glTF file, it should also find the corresponding .bin.
If it doesn’t understand both files are necesary, then the browser should let you select only compound files like GLB…

Hmmmm, you’re right, we’ll need to restructure this loading component a bit to support loading multiple files :thinking: For now, I’ll disable loading GLTFs: Remove loading of GLTF files as the current architecture doesn’t support them by carolhmj · Pull Request #12751 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com)

And created an issue to track: Support loading of GLTF files in NME · Issue #12752 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com)