Shadow Generator on mobile

Hi,

I use shadow generator with on-every-frame refresh rate (RenderTargetTexture.REFRESHRATE_RENDER_ONEVERYFRAME). And it works as expected on desktop but not on mobiles. I tried to create a simple repro out of my project but couldn’t. Please look at the screenshot I attached.

This is the shadow generator configuration

This is what I get on desktop

This is what I get on mobile when I try to rotate

On load, it behaves as expected but this solitaire thing happens when I tried to rotate. When I change shadow generator refresh rate to ONCE (RenderTargetTexture.REFRESHRATE_RENDER_ONCE), this didn’t happen.

So is it not possible to update the shadow on every frame on mobile devices? or is there a separate configuration for small devices? Any suggestion please?

Thanks in advance!

This is due to a Safari bug unfortunately: Rotate model remnants in the IOS 15.4.1 Safari

Thanks! By the way, this issue happens on chrome as well on my end, not only safari.

Setting engine’s antialias to false solve model remnants but it has an effect on the quality of the model on mobile. is there other way to enhance the quality?

You could try using the FxAA post process to enhance a bit.

About Chrome, it is fully expected cause Chrome is basically Safari on IOS as no one can ship its own browser there… Everybody has to use Webkit on ios

1 Like

Thank you so much, it works. I am testing it, will come back if I face any problems. Thanks again. :slight_smile: