Thanks for all the help over the years in this forum, I was able to make a small game using babylonjs with only 13kb of my own code. The game ended up getting 3rd place of 9 entries in the WebXR category.
- Uses NME to make animated water in a pool, and a colored noise texture for various other objects
- I made an animation handler library to handle some simple animations (This might have been possible with BJS’s built in animation, but it helped me understand what was going on and have control over it by making it myself)
- Most objects were built from multiple MeshBuilder primitives
- Textures were drawn on html canvas elements primarily
- sounds were created using zzfx ZzFX - Zuper Zmall Zound Zynth With more time I would have tried to get the sound working in 3d space
- Puzzles were created in code first, then hooked into the 3d view
- I tried to use the babylonjs pointer events hooks primarily, but had to customize it when I implemented a center screen cursor
Source code: GitHub - BoldBigflank/js13k-2023
The game is webxr or mouse/keyboard.