What a game needs... šŸŽ®

No. Iā€™m not exposing myself that much;) Not just nowā€¦ come back later;)

2 Likes

Hahaha! :smile: Ok, I like S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl. The graphic is really good! Words canā€™t describe this gameā€¦ You should play it! :smiley:

1 Like

I did and yes it was a ā€˜goodā€™ moment. Not a ā€˜greatā€™ moment.

2 Likes

You know, if you know another forum for this purpose, Iā€™ll probably be happy to continue this debate with you. Though I have the feeling that the BJS forum (even ā€˜off topicā€™) is not really the place for that.
The truth is, I do not see BJS (or WebGL) as a simple replacement for a ā€˜game engineā€™. I believe Unity is in a much better position to achieve the transition for the sole ā€˜gaming industryā€™.
In fact, I see much more to WebGL and BJS than gaming. We, gamers, have no issues with downloading and installing local or cloud version of our favorite games. I also believe that, in gaming, and for the upcoming five-years plan, BJS will likely take the position of (r.i.p.) Flash, meaning a max 8-10% market share in online gaming in 2025 (Edit: that would be already a lot and a milestone:).

On the other hand, we have to remember WebGL for what it is and what it has been created for. Itā€™s an Internet (Internet culture) based interface to interact ā€˜directlyā€™ (or ā€˜the most directly as currently possible/sustainable in an open market digital industryā€™) with the physical components (or the north and south bridges) of our CPU/GPU, in the Internet world. I see BJS (and three.js) as the alternative to the actual Internet based digital interface/interaction with the user/consumer. Nothing less, nothing moreā€¦

3 Likes

I think, that a good game needs good graphics.
Good graphics ā†’ more realistic

2 Likes

Exactly @Shadowbase303

1 Like

I donā€™t know about you, but I prefer to play 3D shooters or any game with a story. But itā€™s hard to say, everyone has his own taste in games and itā€™s all individual here.

Hi and welcome to the Community.
You are right, there are lots of different gameplays and gamers. Personally I like to play a large variety of different games.
Though I believe this discussion was not so much about the type of game than the ingredients and efforts needed to make a good (or a great) game.
Simply know that today, you can create any type of game with Babylon.js. From an FPS to an RPG or TD or story-basedā€¦ And we will be there to support you in your efforts.
So I guess the question is, ā€œWhat will you create today?ā€ :smiley:
Again welcome to the Community and I hope you are enjoying your experience with BJS.
Meanwhile, have a great day :sunglasses:

2 Likes