When I use the official tool to convert the PBR format file, I will directly download the PBR file again, without converting it to Env format file. How can I solve this problem

When I use the official tool to convert the PBR format file, I will directly download the PBR file again, without converting it to Env format file. How can I solve this problem
https://www.babylonjs.com/tools/ibl/

The official tool should be the babylon sandbox.

What browser are you using ? (only chrome/edge can be used so far to generate envs.) What file are you trying to convert ?

2 Likes

I use the Chrome browser.
*.PBR → *.ENV
like this

I followed this video.

If you want to create an env file.

1. Get a hdr file first.
  2. Drag a glb file to open scene. Then drag the hdr file in sandbox. You will see the environment change.
  3. Open tools tab of inspector. you will see a button named “Generate .env texture”.
1 Like

When I drag a hdr file into the sandbox, I can’t see any environmental changes, and the whole page doesn’t respond at all, but it happens when I drag a glb file.

Drag a glb file to open scene. Then drag the hdr file

I used the method you said to operate, but I can’t see the effect of the HDR file and can’t find the “Generate .env texture” button

Here :

IT looks like your hdr is broken or unsupported in babylon. could you share the file ?

I don’t think the file is loaded

I downloaded hdr file from this website.

All the hdr files I downloaded here are not available, so I can’t load them on Sandon

I tested one. It should work. It’s best to provide your test file.

The file is too big to upload. :sob:

Is it because the file is too big to load? I just downloaded a hdr file less than 2MB and can load it.

I only tested 4K.It worked. I don’t think it’s necessary to pursue too high resolution for create .env file.

2 Likes

I can not tell without the file unfortunately but going more than 2-4k has a huge chance to break depending on your hardware.

Hello @ChenJiong-0819 just checking in, was your question answered?