for (let i = 0; i < scene.meshes.length; i++) {
            let mesh = scene.meshes[i];
            if (mesh.name.endsWith("_merged")) {
                scene.meshes.splice(i, 1);
                // mesh.dispose()
            }
        }

why does mesh.dispose() throw an error?

First: It is not a good idea to remove an item within a loop over the items. You should go from the last item backwards to index 0: for (let i=scene.meshes.length-1; i>=0; i–) …

Second: mesh.dispose() returns this error. I suppose you have to remove the Hawok body first before removing the mesh because they are connected together.

in the inspector they are not :confused:

decomment : mesh.dispose()

does it work for you?
it doesn’t on my end :thinking:

I would like to answer your question with the word from scene of Romeo and Juliet on the balcony (act 2, scene 2):

no.

1 Like

Hi!

Here is a working PG:

Errors in your PG:
redMat.diffuseColor = new BABYLON.Color3.Yellow(); delete new
the same at line 79

Delete this:
scene.meshes.splice(i, 1);

and this at line 41:
scene.disablePhysicsEngine()

If you disable Havok, it will destroy the world (you know what I mean, don’t reveal this to Kim Jong :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ) so you can’t safely dispose the mesh.

You can disable it after the mesh has been disposed.

Added async to your functions to init the Havok engine as the doc says.

:vulcan_salute:

r.

2 Likes

LoL, good one. I won’t mention that I tried for 20min disposing of the body before disposing of the mesh :zipper_mouth_face:, thinking the same as @CodingCrusader…though it’s hard to dispose of something that no longer exists, isn’t it ? :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yep :wink: Imagine if we live in a simulation and a coder makes a mistake an disables the physics engine and it will destroy the world… We are fucked :smiley:

Lucky us, it isn’t me coding the world :crazy_face: Humanity might still stand a chance after all :rofl:

1 Like

They backup often, I hope so :smiley:

Thank you SO much for looking into this and solving it @roland !
:slight_smile: :sunglasses:

1 Like

You are very welcome!