I’m very excited about Babylon 6.0, and can’t wait for the editor to become more powerful. I wanted to offer some feature requests that will help non-programmers become more productive:
First, Unity-style prefabs feel like the biggest productivity gain:
- Ability to reference scenes within scenes. Example: I want to lay out a town scene using a bunch of pre-fabricated houses that are also scenes. I’d like for the houses to updated in the town scene each time they’re independently edited.
- Ability to drag and drop scenes from the Assets Browser into the current scene.
- Ability to create new scenes without the editor prompting me to create a new project and reload the editor.
- Ability to derive scenes from one another, and have parent scenes’ content and tuning parameters affect unaltered children.
- Ability to know a child scene’s parent, and to know a parent’s children.
- Ability to open more than one scene at a time.
- Ability to create floating windows, so that the user can view multiple scenes/graphs at the same time.
Thanks, and keep up the great work!