Invisible hands on Oculus Quest

Hello everyone, there is a bug in the oculus 1 and 3 (havent tried the other ones but I guess its the same) using hand tracking, where one or both hands can be invisible but their events and pointers work.

I can reproduce this everytime, with hand tracking activated on oculus, hide one or both hands before entering a babylon XR session that uses hand tracking and the hidden hand will now be invisible when you try to use it.

Is there a workaround this?

Thank you!

@RaananW

I have never experienced that, so i’ll have to dive in and see what’s wrong here.

I tries reproducing it according to your steps (kept one hand hidden), but I see the hand correctly. Are you using a specific babylon version, or does it also happen when using a playground?

Thank you for the quick answer! I apologize, I found that calling sessionManager.worldScalingFactor before entering the XR scene was the problem. BUT I still sometimes get this bug when the Oculus Quest is low in available memory.

Oh no. that must be a bug then.

Can you reproduce that on the playground?

Sure!, here is the playground: https://playground.babylonjs.com/#X7Y4H8#199

1 Like

thanks! Yes, it seems like the scale is not applied correctly in this case. I will look into that soon

1 Like

this PR solves this issue :slight_smile:

Fix a few issues with world scale in XR by RaananW · Pull Request #14756 · BabylonJS/Babylon.js (github.com)

Thanks for testing world scale

2 Likes