Maya 2021 Exporter

Hello, and I am using a beta version of Maya and would like to use the exporter for some testing. Can I ask for any information which would help me to build the plug-in for this purpose? I have downloaded the latest source version, but have so far been unable to use the build with this version of Maya.

Thanks,
r

Hey and welcome!

do you mean with visual studio?

Hey, and thanks for responding. After spending some time looking through my installation, it appears the version of Maya is storing a plug-ins folder in bin, and I have been able to load it successfully.

Thanks again for your reply, and I’ll post any issues I find using it with the later version,
r

1 Like

For more clarification, this is likely to support the transition to python 3.8 and will doubtfully be part of a public release.

However, both the complex fbx model and helix (built-in) which I generated have exported empty scenes without warning (babylon and gltf). I get the following error: Exception raised during export. Node will be exported as a dummy node. Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Both the babylon file and .bin file are empty.

r

if you have a repro case you can maybe create an issue on the epxorters repo

Hey, and I will create a case after I have done a bit deeper debugging, as it seems like an easy solve.

Thanks again,
r

2 Likes