I was asked to swap a texture in an existing .babylon scene. I thought I would use the Sandbox for that.
Initial state: .babylon scene containing inlined texture data.
- import original .babylon file,
- locate mesh, follow the link to the material,
- under ‘channels’, delete the existing Albedo texture,
- under ‘channels’, click ‘add Albedo texture’, and import the new texture in PNG format.
- verify visually that the new texture is applied properly to the model. It is!
- under 'tools, click ‘export to Babylon’.
If I import the modified .babylon file to the sandbox, the texture is gone. More exactly, instead of inlining the new texture data or referencing the file on my drive, both the “url” and “name” parameters are now set to something like …
… and I can see that I get an error in the console:
Security Error: Content at https://sandbox.babylonjs.com/ may not load data from blob:https://sandbox.babylonjs.com/ab655475-8fb3-496e-91b8-b88407bf9ff2.
Is this the expected behavior or am I missing something?