WebGPU Real-Time Global Illumination

Hello there! :cat2:

I wanted to share with you a project I finished a while ago and recently published.
Here is the GitHub repo: GlobalIlumination-BabylonJS

It’s a composition of several screen-space shaders that enhance realism further!
You can tinker with the UI and the shader code to adapt the effects.

Special thanks to @Evgeni_Popov for helping me with a texture problem that got me stuck for a while.

21 Likes

Repo starred and forked!

Thanks a lot for your effort dude! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Any considerations of making an online demo with github pages?

2 Likes

That looks really good :clap:

2 Likes

This is really cool !!! I wonder how much it differs from Babylon.js docs

2 Likes

Can the output from this be baked to texture?

1 Like

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! :cat2: :cat2:

That’d definitely be a great addition, I should look into how to make it. I’ll keep you posted!

Thanks! I’ll certainly dive into it and see where our codes differ. I’m really curious about how they did it and which methods they applied, it’ll certainly show me ways I hadn’t even thought of :blush:

The result can be exported from the camera texture into a render target or similar. I don’t think it’d work for individual objects’ textures tho :thinking:

I’m thinking I could add here or on the main GitHub site a list features that could be fixed/added to make this solution more robust for all types of scenes and more accessible for broader use. I’m open to suggestions/feedback, I’ll get on it as soon as I can and I’ll keep you updated here :cat2:

1 Like